I have a couple of drafts going, but nothing is solidifying tonight.
- I’ll have a letter or two ready to go out to my students tomorrow.
- I watched the Shining last night. There were a couple of things I never noticed before, but most notably the son’s Apollo mission sweater. I imagine I never noticed some things because I [still] cover my eyes most of the way through the movie!
- Do you have any recommendations for great visual project management software? Must be colorful and probably have Gantt chart capabilities. Currently exploring Smartsheet, Droptask, and Basecamp.
- Our Moodle install is currently not allowing forum posts to go to email. Based on my extensive scouring of the internet, this appears to be a common issue with Moodle 2.7. I’m curious as to whether an upgrade might fix it? I’ve so far come up empty on other solutions…
- Currently considering pursuing a masters in accounting online through the University of Alabama-Birmingham. They have a “masters bridge” program that I could complete beforehand, rather than going through a complete second bachelor’s…
- Attended the first webinar in a series called Ignis, last week. Alyson Indrunas presented on 4 mistakes she’s made in a decade of teaching online. I came away a little terrified about having given notice to the school I teach online for, but I enjoyed the presentation.
- I spend a lot of time on the beaches near where I live. This is from the dock in Wheeler, about 20 minutes north of home. It was starting to think about raining: